From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Pre-populated roster
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:42:21 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 06/16/2010 11:28 AM, Tom Rymes wrote:
One of the tasks I have to do each time I set up a user is to sign into an IM client and populate their roster with the other users so they can use IM effectively.

Is there a way to do this automatically, so I edit the domain default roster, say, and they receive that automatically?

At least a script to add the other users via CLI, or something?

Tom

Does nobody else on the list have the need for a newly created user to have a pre-populated roster containing the other users in your organization (or wherever else)?

It sure would be nice to avoid the step of manually adding people to the roster, especially given the trouble we have with rosters getting corrupted when adding users en-masse through Windows Messenger (Messenger has an option to import from a file, which would be enough, but it does not work well with CGP for some reason.)