From: Wiley Sanders <wms2@stmarys-ca.edu>
Subject: Migrating SSL cert from old CGPro host to new host
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:22:45 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We're upgrading from CGPro 4.X to 5.X and upgrading the host at the same time. The new host will have the same host name as the old one. How do we migrate the private key that was used to create the cert? It's truncated in the 4.X web interface:

Key: MIICXQIBAAKBgQDXUO8FYbyG...
Size: 1024 bit
Key Test: Verification String is OK

We would like to avoid having to request a new key for the host, although I suppose some vendors will reissue a cert without additional charge if the private key changes.

I tied a brute force search:

 for f in /var/Co* /opt/Co* ; do find $f -mount -exec grep -l MIICXQIBA {} \;; done

and found nothing..... is there a way to retrieve the complete private key from the old server?

TIA
-Wiley Sanders
 St Marys College of CA