From: Wiley Sanders <wms2@stmarys-ca.edu>
Subject: Can't log in to CGPro web mail using host name - "DNS record does point to this server"?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:58:48 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We are upgrading from CGPro 4.X to 5.X, our existing 4.X server is named "mail", and the new server is named "newmail". We would like to test the new server by forwarding some mail to it, IMAP and POP are OK, but the webmail interface will not allow anyone to log in:

"You have tried to access the newmail domain. Its DNS record does point to this server, but this server does not host this domain. If you think that this message is in error, please contact postmaster@stmarys-ca.edu"

I *can* reach the webmail interface using the server's IP address in the URL.

How can I override this? The DNS is fine. What is CGPro actually complaining about? The "domain's" MX record actually points to neither host, it points to our spam firewall. All A and PTR records are OK for both "mail" and "newmail", the only discrepancy is that we temporarily have the SSL certificate for "mail" installed on "newmail" at the same time; this of course results in a mismatch which the user can override in any SSL client. But this is not an SSL connection.

Thanks
-Wiley Sanders
 St Marys College of California