From: Wiley Sanders <wms2@stmarys-ca.edu>
Subject: Performance Impacts of Large Forwarding Table?
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 17:06:09 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Howdy all,

I'm successfully exporting, manipulating, and importing the forwarding table with the Perl CLI. We're going to be peeling about 8000 of our 10,000 users off CommuniGate and sending them to new Gmail accounts, and I hope to do this with a large forwarding table instead of a separate instance of sendmail or postfix. We handle about 120K messages a day, more or less. The server is a 12-core Dell R510, pretty robust.

Is anybody else using a forwarding table of this size? Are there any performance impacts (besides that of forwarding the mail)?

Thanks in advance,
--
 Wiley Sanders
 CaTS System Administrator