From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Error with MAPI on Vista - wrong user folder
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 09:47:06 -0400
To: <cgatepro@stalker.com>
Hi there,

I just installed a windows Vista computer for the first time here (We got a deal on some machines that came with Vista.)

Anyhow, we're running Outlook XP/2002 with the MAPI connector, and I receive an error:

"Unable to create destination file (C:\Users\trymes\AppData\Local\Communigate Pro\cgmxp32.dll). Please check your access rights, network connectivity, and service configuration and try again (0x80070005)."

This error occurs when logged into a Domain account named "trymes", and I have tracked down the problem to the fact that there is also a local user named "trymes" on this computer, and MAPI is trying to save the DLL file in the user folder of the local user when I am logged into the domain account. In other words, it is trying to save the file in the folder "C:\Users\trymes\AppData..." when it should be using the folder "C:\Users\trymes.windowsdomainname\AppData..."

Have I done something wrong, or is this a problem with the MAPI connector? My apologies if this has come up before, but I didn't find anything in the archives.