From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Error with MAPI on Vista - wrong user folder
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 11:29:19 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 08/09/2010 11:25 AM, quinton.wells@ba.com wrote:
Tom
Just zeroing in on your mention of the profile folder for the user.
When a user 'Fred' logs on to a PC for the first time, the 'user profile
folder' is 'fred', for example.
If that account is recreated elsewhere and then logs on again, the PC
sees it as a different user to the one before and in order to identify
them as separate accounts, appends the windows domain name on the end as
you note.
So the first time a user logs on, the windows domain is not used in this
context.
Quinton

Indeed, that is the case. This is fairly common, and it happens on our XP workstations, too. What I don't understand is why the MAPI Connector has a problem when this happens on Vista, but not on XP.

The only other difference is that XP uses "C:\Documents and Settings\user.Domain\..." and Vista uses "C:\Users\user.domain..."