From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Problems receiving mail
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:43:52 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
OK, so I have problems receiving mail from Yahoo and a few other places. Yahoo users get an error of "Too many retries - Giving up". Other services and domains have no issues whatsoever. I had a slightly different problem this week, and I found and removed a dead DNSBL from my setup, which I somehoe added back to my config after having removed it when it originally went dead. However, I still have this problem.

All of the searching I have done on this problem leads to people who find that their firewall is set to do some sort of ESMTP inspection, and disabling that fixes the problem. To shine a light in that direction, I have recently replaced my long-serving WRT54G running DD-WRT with a Netgear WNDR3700 unit in an effort to get better wireless reception (this is at my house). I do get the wireless reception, but now I have this receiving issue and I cannot find anything in the setup of the router that hints at anything I could disable to resolve this.

I did remove all DNSBLs, and I got one message through, but then no others came along, and I started getting more spam immediately.

Any ideas here?