From: Matthew Black <black@csulb.edu>
Subject: WSSP bug - %%MAILBOXLASTNAME
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 07:39:11 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>, Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
We were having a problem with our custom Skink/WASSP WebMail skins due to a WSSP bug. I would like to describe the problem and solution. This posting is NOT meant to embarrass CommuniGate, but to help anyone who may have experienced this problem with their custom WebMail skins.

In our custom version of Simplex, the skin applets incmailboxes.wssi and incmailboxes2.wssi use the text element %%MAILBOXLASTNAME for parsing nested folder names. This function removes the leading parent folder path, displaying only the proper folder name. However, the bug is that it incorrectly truncates folder names containing an ampersand (&) just prior to that character.

In the base Simplex skin /opt/CommuniGate/WebSkins/Simplex, the implementers are using an undocumented text element %%HTMLLASTNAME. This text element does not truncate names with an ampersand.

Here is the CGP documentation describing WSSP text elements:

http://www.communigate.com/cgatepro/WSSP.html#Text

While %%MAILBOXLASTNAME is mentioned, %%HTMLLASTNAME is not.

When I substituted %%HTMLLASTNAME for %%MAILBOXLASTNAME in my skin applets, folder names with an ampersand were correctly displayed.

I have a vague recollection of seeing this problem many years ago on the folder subscription page.

CommuniGate (Stalker) has done a terrific job documenting so much about the internals of their product. That really helps those of us who do low-level work. I congratulate them for such thorough and detailed information, without which I could not of solved this problem.

Cheers.

matthew black
e-mail postmaster
california state university, long beach