From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Expunging Calendar
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:26:31 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Somewhat of an odd question here, but does anyone have a good way to expunge a calendar of old items? We have shared calendars here that have 2,000-5,000 entries in them, and I periodically expunge the old entries to help performance, especially with the initial load of a calendar for a new profile in MAPI.

Anyhow, I have often done this by viewing the folder as a folder and then sorting by "received". You can then  presumably delete the oldest entries, but this invariably ends up in having some recurring items deleted, because they were created a long time ago, but are still relevant.

Any ideas as to how best I might accomplish this?