From: Urs Gruetzner <ugruetzner@ems.ch>
Subject: Re: HELO failure
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 07:51:03 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Buon giorno

Thanks for your confirmation and your suggestion concerning the working domains.

I let have changed the DNS entry as I described and now also the sbb.ch "mailing partner" is satisfied with the HELO.

Ciao

Urs

Von: Massimo Bolzoni <massimo.bolzoni@answervad.it>
Datum: 26. August 2010 16:57:02 GMT+02:00
Betreff: Re: HELO failure

Ciao,

yes this is the right solution, it is easyer and make definitelly sense.... at least for me :)

Also, the suggestion I use to give is to use a main domain name that is not going to host any account but postmaster, and use "working domains" as additional ones. This allow much more flexibility in operation.

Actually there is no problem at all to use directly the MDN as working domain, so no reason to change the setup, but generally speaking for new set up this is the long term solution with less problem... think about you company or institution define to change the domain name ....

Ciao

Massimo

Il giorno 26/ago/10, alle ore 07:40, Urs Gruetzner ha scritto:

(sorry wrong subject in previous mail)
Thanks for explanations

Instead to change the FQDN for the mail server to mail.ems.ch, could it be the easiest solution to change the DNS entry for 212.74.146.1 to ems.ch than mail.ems.ch instead?

Also the MX entry should be ems.ch instead of mail.ems.ch ?

Reason: the forward lookup for ems.ch points already to the correct IP, so there is no need that the reverese lookup is mail.ems.ch. Also when sending a mail from outside to xy@ems.ch the lookup of MX of ems.ch has the correct IP as result. There is no need to use mail.ems.ch.

Thanks for further help