From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: E1, fxo and cgp
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:02:54 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
 On 9/10/2010 11:04 AM, Eduardo Torres wrote:
Im planning to place a PBX using communigate.

Ive got an E1 provided by Telmex (Mexico). This E1 is only for voice whit 30 channels and 60 DID.
As far as I know, communigate cant handle E1 by itself, I beleive it needs a FXO device or similar. (Just like asterisk uses "Digium" cards)

The question is what kind of device must be used to handle an E1. Then use it through communigate.

Thanks in advance

Eduardo.

Eduardo,

CGP relies on an external SIP gateway to translate the incoming E1 traffic to SIP traffic. I think Cisco is one of the main solutions used, but there are others. RedFone's FoneBridge is one that comes to mind.