From: Wiley Sanders <wsanders@wsanders.net>
Subject: "Can do everything" rights and external authentication
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:40:10 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We use an external authentication program to authenticate users
against our LDAP server. Occasionally we will enable the CommuniGate
password in the "CommuniGate Password" option and this will allow
login with either the LDAP password or the password in CommuniGate's
config.

I have "Can Do Everything" rights assigned to myself but I find I can
only login to the admin (HTTPA) interface when I have the CommuniGate
password enabled; the LDAP password does not work. I can still log in
to GG to get my mail, but not to the admin interface.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? We have not configured a
separate administrative realm since we have only one domain running on
our system.

Thanks,
W Sanders
St Marys College of California