From: Wiley Sanders <wsanders@wsanders.net>
Subject: Re: More on Truncated MBOX files (was Users are losing the INBOX)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:48:26 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I am still wondering about the log file entries such as:

11:18:49.11 2 MAILBOX(user/Trash) {95796} appended @9153036: 59+13250 bytes
11:20:08.93 2 MAILBOX(user/INBOX) {70956} deleted: overwrite

The numbers in parentheses - {95796}, {70956} - they seem to be
unrelated to the size of the mbox or the Message ID. What do these
numbers represent?

I have found one Webmail user who was not aware that the Webmail
interface by default only views 20 messages at a time, and did not
know how to scroll down to messages older than the 20 most recent. I
am so lucky to have such intelligent users. :-(

I've set the default to 1000, I'll see if this makes a difference in
the number of restores I have to do.