From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Assign administrative rights
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:52:33 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
 On 9/8/2010 5:12 AM, Technical Support wrote:
Hello,

Matthew Black wrote:
On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 18:39:06 -0400
 Thomas Rymes <trymes@rymes.com> wrote:
OK, so I know I am missing something really simple, but I am trying to allow another user permission to create and modify users in our main domain, but I am having issues, whereby they pull up the webadmin interface, click "Users", and get an error about insufficient access rights.

Thinking this was an issue with the user not having rights to administer the other domain on this server, I assigned them "Can Modify All Domains and Accounts Settings" instead of "Can Modify This Domain and its Accounts Settings", but no change.

What have I fogotten?

Tom

Me too. We've never been able to get this to work.

We want to give someone the ability to change e-mail quotas only, nothing else.

You grant the right for a domain (or several domains only) by try to access the domain through the server administration interface.

You need to use the domain administration interface, through a URL that would look like

https://cgpro.server.host:9010/DomainAdmin/domain.to.be.configured/

If the has an IP dedicated to it and registered in DNS, then

https://domain.to.be.configured:9010/ should work similarly, but only when domain.to.be.configured is not the primary domain: in this case you connect to the server administration interface.

I was wondering if it would make sense to provide a link on the Authentication error page to the Domain interface, so that this might be a little less confusing in practice.

Thoughts?