From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: creative approach to SMTPAuth server
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:21:07 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 10/22/2010 11:59 AM, Brian Gibson wrote:
Hi all,

Conceivably could we use the Community Edition of CGPro as an SMTP Auth server that uses a helper script to authenticate the users against Active Directory and yet only allow certain users to send through it? My guess is we would need to hack the Perl script so it only would send over certain login IDs over to Active Directory. Once the user is authenticated we'd want to route all the email over to another server no matter who it is for and my guess is we do that through a router entry.

Thanks :)

Why wouldn't you use your main CGP server to act as your SMTP AUTH server?

Oh, wait, I get it. You're using some other server and you want to use CGP because it's free? Please be aware that the Community edition license terms specify that it is for your own business use only, not for clients, etc.

I still wonder, no matter what server you use as your main e-mail server, why not use that instead?