From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: SIP: Error Code=unknown user account
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 08:24:00 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 10/30/2010 1:03 AM, Aleksandar Zivaljevic wrote:
This might help someone:

If you change entries in VoicePlus ->  gateways ->  [provider] ->  Dial Out
like I did, you will need to think of router entries as well, as VoicePlus
does not do that for you. My SIP trunk provider does not support E.164, so I
had to define custom dial out number format. While doing that I removd "+"
in front of the expected format (second column of text boxes).
Unfortunately, router entry "<+(7-20d)@*>  = +*@telnum" does not apply in
that case and dialled (resulting) numbers are not considered telnums, but
user names (my understanding) and when routed to SIGNAL application, get
rejected as unknown account. To remedy that I added "S:<(7-20d)@*>  =
+*@telnum" entry which says that any Signal addressed with 7 to 20 digits at
any domain needs to be considered telnum. It works now, but it would have
been easier if VoicePlus made sure this router entry (or better formed one)
is in the router table automatically.

Zoiks!!!!! Lots of folks on this list complain that nobody uses the SIP features of CGP, and this is why! The learning curve is way too steep! Someone at CGP needs to write the CGP equivalent of FreePBX. The current way that one must program CGP to act as a PBX is so massively complex that most will never even consider it. As a long time user of a 50+ seat Asterisk-based PBX, I'm no neophyte in the realm of SIP, but I didn't even THINK about using CGP to replace Asterisk when I recently upgraded. Not one moment of thought.

Come to think of it, the folks that develop FreePBX maintain that the software is intended to be platform agnostic, such that it can be made to run on top of any underlying server, be it Asterisk, FreeSwitch, or whatever. How about you throw some resources at that, CGP? The Next Gen of FreePBX has been spun out as Blue.Box, part of the 2600hz project, and it currently does work on top of FreeSwitch and might be the place to start. http://www.2600hz.org

How cool would it be to be able to actually USE the SIP features of CGP? We'd use it to replace our phone system if it was actually something reasonable to manage and code!