From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: reject on HELO string
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:31:29 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 11/08/2010 6:41 AM, Daniel Rechsteiner wrote:
Rejected, i.e. bounced directly in the SMTP connection. As these are bots it does not matter if we reject or drop them, but I think an email should never just be dropped.

-- Daniel
Daniel,

I think you might find that holding to your principles on that matter will end up creating all sorts of backscatter. Now, you could argue about whether that is a bad thing, but I think it would be likely to get you listed as a "backscatterer", which might very well cause you no end of other problems.

Food for thought,