From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Moving from OS X 10.4 to OS X 10.6 Server
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:17:09 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi all,

I have a small server at home running CGP on an OS X 10.4 PPC machine that I am going to retire and replace with a recent Mac Mini running OS X 10.6 Server.

When I have done this in the past on linux boxen, I have just tarred up the /var/Communigate/ directory, unpacked it on the new machine, installed CGP, and away we went. Now, however, CGP rejects my logins to the webadmin and when logging in to webmail I get an error about reading the account.settings file. Is this an issue caused by the mac's symlink to /var, or maybe a permissions issue due to differing UIDs, or ???.

I was certain to use sudo on both machines, and I have checked that the folders and files retain their permissions, but I mist have overlooked something really stupid and I'm hoping y'all can point me in the right direction...

Many thanks,