From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Moving from OS X 10.4 to OS X 10.6 Server
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:39:20 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Nov 10, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:

Hi all,

I have a small server at home running CGP on an OS X 10.4 PPC machine that I am going to retire and replace with a recent Mac Mini running OS X 10.6 Server.

When I have done this in the past on linux boxen, I have just tarred up the /var/Communigate/ directory, unpacked it on the new machine, installed CGP, and away we went. Now, however, CGP rejects my logins to the webadmin and when logging in to webmail I get an error about reading the account.settings file. Is this an issue caused by the mac's symlink to /var, or maybe a permissions issue due to differing UIDs, or ???.

I was certain to use sudo on both machines, and I have checked that the folders and files retain their permissions, but I mist have overlooked something really stupid and I'm hoping y'all can point me in the right direction...

Many thanks,

Tom

Is there no one out there that can point me towards the proper procedure to move the base directory to a new server on MacOS?