From: Brian Gibson <gibson_brian@wheatoncollege.edu>
Subject: Re: windows phone and IMAP
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:56:05 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I think I figured out the mail deletion issue on the Windows phone  if anyone else is running into it. When you delete a message on the Windows phone it moves it to a folder called "Deleted Items". I had to go into the folders area on the Windows phone and sync that up (just once). I then found that folder under the "Subscribe..." area of Thunderbird and I had to subscribe to it. You then have to do a sync of the phone after you delete a message and it will no longer appear in the Inbox in Thunderbird (or Webmail). Before I had the phone set to sync mail manually but I just changed it to once an hour.

Hope this info helps someone else out there. :)

On 12/7/2010 8:08 AM, Ron Smith wrote:
Need to check the actual purge delay on the Windows mail client. Though it can appear that the mail is 'delete' is will remain until the mail software actually tells the mail server to delete it. This is standard function in most modern mail clients.

It would be expected that the different mail clients would not be 'aware' of what the others had 'deleted' as those lists of 'deleted' emails would be private to each mail client.

Ron Smith
postmaster@pmbx.net

Isn't technology just fascinatingly maddening... it makes the process of messing things up so much more streamlined and enjoyable!

=-)

On Dec 7, 2010, at 7:09 AM, Brian Gibson wrote:

I use secure IMAP from my Windows Phone (Samsung Focus) and if I
delete a message it leaves the listing on the phone but it still
appears in Thunderbird and on Webmail? The messages also appear
unread within Thunderbird/Webmail. Now I have to delete the messages
twice. Anyone else seeing this? I confirmed that it really is using
IMAP and not POP by checking in the CGPro log files.