From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Open-Relay and other Issues after Upgrade to 5.3.12
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:47:11 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I upgraded my 5.3.10 (IIRC) installation on MacOS 10.6 Server the other day. After the upgrade, I had few weird issues, including that the server did not see any IP Addresses other than 127.0.0.1, but a restart and some fiddling fixed that.

The next day, I noticed that none of my RBLs were working, but disabling and renabling them sorted that out. Then they quit working again.

Today, I find out that we have been blacklisted on various RBLs because of spam sent out. I looked into it further, and it seems that CGP is configured as an open relay (something were never were before).

I thought that maybe this was related to not properly uninstalling CGP before the upgrade, so I just ran the uninstall command script via sudo, restarted, installed anew, restarted, and nothing has changed.

So, perhaps there is an issue with this version, or perhaps I messed something up (more likely), but if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. I have the server down  until I can get some sort of answer.

Tom

PS: I'm going to need a good method for expunging everything in the outgoing queue, too....