From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: any fix yet for Thunderbird issues?
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:01:33 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 02/06/2011 5:37 PM, Rob Logan wrote:

  if mdir-format mailboxes could render the server performance even worse.

I often have 10+ thunderbird 3.1 users connected to my tiny hobby server
all fully indexing 76G of mdir boxes with good performance and a load avg of .05.

ZFS with 8G ram doesn't hurt.  (read: pls consider using a modern file system)

I have to say that I really do think that more people would be screaming about this if it was a major issue, but then again, it's not like many of us have as large of a user base as the OP, I suppose.

Anyhow, I presume that you have looked at and modified the number of enqueuer/dequeuers, indexing Y/N, Minimum size to index, and all of the other performance related settings out there? I know that when I ran into issues due to massive shared calendars modifying those settings made a huge difference.

My apologies for not being able to better list the dozen or so different settings that might be able to improve this, perhaps a call to CGP is in order? Also, I know that you probably have done all of this already, but it seems odd to me that a handful of users could really be hosing things so badly, and yet very few others are screaming about it.