From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: any fix yet for Thunderbird issues?
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:30:26 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 02/07/2011 11:20 AM, Brian Gibson wrote:

<snip>

I am also leaning towards what Nicolas had suggested, keeping the
message synchronization turned on which will help speed up message
access. We just have to turn it on one user at a time so it doesn't
create a flood of I/O.

That sounds like a better plan. Trying to fight the tide of Thunderbird default settings sounds like a losing battle to me.

As far as the Message Enqueuers and Dequeuers we have 50 of the former
and 25 of the later, these were numbers suggested to us by CGPro tech
support during our initial implementation.

Perhaps these numbers should be reviewed, given the changed reality on the ground? I have no idea, but we are at 50 and 50, and we have nowhere near the traffic that you must have. (though I doubt these settings will be the answer to your problem...)

Perhaps some outside program (AV, Spam processing, etc) is playing a part here? I just thought of that when I saw the rule for Pollustop (Niversoft's excellent Spam filter) in my rules tab. If you were doing any external scanning on those messages, that would certainly create a lot of load.