From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Device incapable of SMTP Auth
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 12:57:41 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
OK, it finally happened. I have a device I need to allow to send e-mail, but it is incapable of sending via SMTP AUTH. What is the best way to allow it to send without allowing every other device to send without AUTH?

Currently, we have "Force SMTP AUTH for: everybody" set, and all LAN IP Addresses are added as clients. This allows users on our LAN to bypass the SMTP prompt delay, but still requires them to authenticate.

I considered removing all entries from the "Client IP" settings, except for this device, and then setting "Force SMTP AUTH for: non-clients", but that would subject all of our internal users to the Prompt delay.

Any thoughts?