From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Calendar and dates before 1.1.1971
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:30:55 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Mar 30, 2011, at 1:49 AM, "Matthew Black" <black@csulb.edu> wrote:

> Intuition does not mean the same thing to all people. My intuition says to put an annual event for the current year and make it recurring. I certainly don't go to someone's birth year in my Lotus Notes account and don't know anyone at my work who would either.

Matthew,

You make a valid point, but:

1.) I think you will find that various contact/calendar clients can be configured to automatically add recurring events for birthdays, and they use the birth year as the start date.
2.) Folks like me use the birth year when manually creating events.
3.) It is absurd that the server modifies the user's data without notifying the user.

Thankfully, it appears that a fix is in the works, so we can both be happy!