Mailing List Message #101805
From: Jeff Wark <>
Subject: XIMSS proxy safe mode
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:56:06 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>
We were just looking at some firewall settings and noticed that port 11024 was not forwarded to our mail servers.

I thought that was the port required to use the pronto XIMSS protocol.

When I check off 'Use Proxy Safe Mode', the backend server says:
XIMSS-974220( logged in(HTTPU)

instead of
XIMSS-974212( logged in(XIMSS)

But how does 'Use Proxy Safe Mode' change the connection to the front servers?  Clients connect fine even though there is no port 11024 available.

My [obviously incorrect] understanding is that the XIMSS login should not work if port 11024 is not available, but it apparently does.

Can anyone explain this?