From: Jeff Wark <jwark@tbaytel.net>
Subject: XIMSS proxy safe mode
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:56:06 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We were just looking at some firewall settings and noticed that port 11024 was not forwarded to our mail servers.

I thought that was the port required to use the pronto XIMSS protocol.

When I check off 'Use Proxy Safe Mode', the backend server says:
XIMSS-974220(jeff@tbaytel.net) logged in(HTTPU)

instead of
XIMSS-974212(jeff@tbaytel.net) logged in(XIMSS)

But how does 'Use Proxy Safe Mode' change the connection to the front servers?  Clients connect fine even though there is no port 11024 available.

My [obviously incorrect] understanding is that the XIMSS login should not work if port 11024 is not available, but it apparently does.

Can anyone explain this?

-Jeff