From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Force SMTP AUTH Exception?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:16:19 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 04/15/2011 8:23 AM, Lyn wrote:
I'm trying to better-secure domains on our mail server by activating Force SMTP AUTH for everybody.

However, our MailFoundry appliance has no facility to enter a username or password, thus the Quarantine Digest messages emailed to end users are getting bounced because the sender requires authentication.

The appliance IP is listed in Settings->Network->Client IPs and the Process LAN IP Addresses as Clients checkbox is activated.

Is there a better way to somehow allow the appliance to relay messages?

Thanks -

Lyn

Lyn,

I asked this question a little while back with the Subject Line of "Device incapable of SMTP Auth". You might searcht he archives for that, as I think there were some good suggestions.

I have yet to get around to trying to implement them.