From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Emails are duplicated in Blackberry INBOX
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:12:18 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 04/19/2011 9:35 AM, Mohseen Ahmed Mustafa wrote:
We have a problem with our Blackberry users. When they receive an email
on an MAPI account, it gets pushed to the BB configured for IMAP. But if
they touch that email from outlook (MAPI) for replying or any other
operation or even just to read it again, they get a duplicate copy of
the message in BB.

I read about similar problem in Blackberry forum with exchange while BB
is configured for IMAP
(http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Duplicate-emails-in-BB-inbox-after-using-Outlook/td-p/103072)and
the workaround is to use OWA in Blackberry setup however looks like so
far no workaround for CGP. If anybody knows a solution of this problem
with CGP please let me know.

BR,

Mohseen

Mohseen,

We ran into this problem, too. The simplest solution is to stop using Blackberries....

OK, just kidding, but that is exactly what we have done. What happens here is that the MessageID is modified, causing the BB to think it's a new message it has never seen before. You can search the archives of this list to see the thread(s) I started a few years ago on this subject.

Another option is to use one of the dedicated pieces of software that are designed to link BB to CGP. I don't have any experience with them, however.

Perhaps others can chime in?