From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Android Sync email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:43:50 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 04/22/2011 7:12 PM, Robert T. Repko (R Squared Consultants) wrote:
Do Android phones sync email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos? I'm
currently running NotifySync on a Blackberry which sync's all of those
listed. I'm in need of a new phone and was considering an Android phone
but I need to sync all 5.

I have found that my Samsung Fascinate does not work properly for replying to e-mails. To make it work, you have to do the following:

1.) Set up an exchange account.  Do not use it for e-mail.
2.) Set up an IMAP account and use it for e-mail.

The phone will sync the calendar and contacts via the exchange account, and the IMAP account will work for mail. Mildly anoying, but not the end of the world. I name the Exchange account "DO NOT USE" to keep users from being confused as to which e-mail account to work with.

CGP 5.4.x reputedly solves these problems, but I am not certain when it will be officially released. You can download and install the pre-release version, though.