Mailing List Message #102135
From: Technical Support <>
Subject: Re: XMPP and aliases
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:40:21 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>

On 2011-06-13 12:41, Juergen P. wrote:
as far as i know is that not possible

Correct. The server always uses the account's "canonical name" when responding to signaling requests (regardless of the target name in those requests) on behalf of the account.

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 01:10:43 -0400
Nicolas Hatier <> wrote:

Is it possible to use an alias in XMPP?

I have one account,, which has an alias,
In my XMPP client, I can connect to my account in CGP using However, when I add people on my roster, they
receive the subscription request from I would like
them to receive it from

Nicolas Hatier

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov

When answering to letters sent to you by the staff, make