From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Device incapable of SMTP Auth (again)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:13:30 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 09/12/2011 8:31 AM, Mark J Strawcutter wrote:
Then listen to me instead :-)

We've been running such a separate CGP server for many years. Provides
well-define, compartmentalized security. From my perspective, trying to
implement two different security models on the same server is more
complicated and error-prone than running a separate server. As new
features have been added to CGP over the years we haven't had to worry
about them being compatible with one but not the other.

Addition of new auth-challenged senders requires simply adding their IP
address to the client list on the separate server. This may be your
first such sending system, but it won't be the last.

Mark

Awww....man, you're killing me! <grin>

Ok, I see the point. Perhaps this will put the final nail in the coffin:

What port does the MAPI connector use to send e-mail?