From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: SSL and self signed certificates
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:49:56 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 10/26/2011 5:44 PM, Chris Ferebee wrote:
Urs,

StartSSL offers free domain-validated SSL certificates which are widely supported.

I won't comment on which CA to trust (if any) - though I'd love to hear some informed opinions - but I the value for money of a CA-signed free certificate is hard to beat.

Best,
Chris Ferebee

Chris, thanks for the tip, this may work well for another non-commercial server I run.

I must have messed something up, however, as I cannot seem to get a StartSSL cert working on my secondary server. I imported the cert and the intermediate cert, but browsers still show the CGP trial information in the certificate information.

The webuser interface, though, shows the new StartSSL cert.