From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Another delete oddity
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:08:12 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 10/31/2011 8:56 AM, Mark J Strawcutter wrote:

<snip>

Then we can define imap functions in terms of message store functions:

<snip>

And we can define webmail functions in terms of message store functions:

I think part of the problem here is that CGP webmail operates like an IMAP client (someone please correct me if I am wrong here!). The definitions for what happens in webmail seem to be:

Mark: Mark the message as deleted. Do not expunge.
Move to Trash: Copy message to Trash and Mark, but do not expunge.
Immediate: Mark as Deleted and Expunge at once.

I do not know if other IMAP clients' (mail.app, Thunderbird, etc) behavior is affected when you change the account settings.