From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Realtime subsystem overloaded
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:24:48 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 12/07/2011 9:42 AM, Tom Rymes wrote:
Hi all,

We have had some complaints of late where people complain that they send
IMs to other users but the other users does not get it. It seems
intermittent, and sometimes things are fine, and sometimes they are not.

I just noticed an error pop up on my client that stated "Realtime
subsystem overloaded", and I presume that this has something to do with it!

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Tom

Update: I have upped the settings for the XMPP service, but complaints of IMs being sent and not received have continued, though perhaps at a slower pace.

I was digging around in the logs today and noticed that many users had errors because their file space had been exceeded. Basically, the recently added feature that logs IMs in the user's account.web/private/IM directory had eaten up all of the allowed space, which was causing errors.

I am not certain whether this has anything to do with randomly lost IMs that are not received, but I have upped the storage limits to eliminate these errors.

This, of course, begs the question: what is the plan for rotating these logs, as even with 30 MB of space, they will eventually fill up again and I will face this same problem...

Thoughts?