From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Migrate INBOX to mdir
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:37:53 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
OK, so I know this must have been discussed a million times, but I am unable to locate specifics.

I just bounced off of the 2GB limit for an INBOX in mbox format, so I wanted to convert to mdir. I created a folder named "Old Inbox" and moved all of the files in my INBOX to that folder via the web interface.

I cannot, however rename the INBOX folder using the web interface, either due to the fact it is the INBOX, or because other clients (home computer, iPhone, etc) have open IMAP sessions.

SO, does it just make sense to stop the server, rename the INBOX file, and create a folder with the name "INBOX.mdir", or what is the best method to do this?

Many thanks,