From: Thomas Bleek <bl@gfz-potsdam.de>
Subject: Re: Winmail.dat again
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 08:06:22 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
The second might be something like "no history uploads" IIRC,
tb
Am 08.02.2012 um 07:04 schrieb Nicolas Hatier:

The filter only processes messages as they pass through the message queue. Outlook likely decides it owns the mail and can do whatever it wants with it, and modify them in-place, something that can't be caught and processed by the filter.

I've been told in the past that Outlook could be configured not to act as a selfish [expletive], but this may have changed with recent version of Outlook / MAPI. Outlook should be configured to always send as HTML (instead of Rich Text), and there was one or two settings that could be changed, one of them being "Always convert RTF to HTML" in the troubleshooting tab of the CGP connection settings, but this may not apply anymore. I can't get hold or remember the second setting, sorry.

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

On 2012-02-08 00:02, Paul_Dudley wrote:

Sorry for bringing up the old winmail.dat issue again relating to iPhones….

We have noticed that when emails in your Inbox are flagged in Outlook with a reminder or follow-up flag, then they can no longer be viewed via the iPhone mail client.

All you see is the dreaded winmail.dat listed.

We have Niversoft’s winmaildat filter v2.3 running but that does not fix the issue. Does anyone know if a later version of Niversoft’s winmaildat filter will fix it or is it un-fixable?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

Email: pdudley@anl.com.au

ANL - Regional Carrier of the Year 2011 - Containerisation International

ANL DISCLAIMER

Dr. Thomas Bleek, Netzwerkadministrator
Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam
Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum
Telegrafenberg A20/206
D-14473 Potsdam
Tel.: +49 331 288- 1818/1681 Fax.: 1730 Mobil: +49 172 1543233
E-Mail: bl@gfz-potsdam.de