From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Rule to move old incoming msgs from inbox
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:50:26 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 02/16/2012 5:02 AM, Graeme Fowler wrote:
Hi Dave

You wrote:

Are you suggesting to not run our own mail server in favor of letting Google
have it all?
Or asking why it is good to keep the inbox folder relatively clean?

I believe the latter was the intention - more "why do you want to keep the Inbox 'clean' in this era of everyone being used to having massive amounts of mail in a single folder".

Graeme is right, that is what I meant. I do understand the benefits of keeping the INBOX clean, but I was wondering if perhaps the benefits were not sufficient to warrant the work to automatically move messages and train/retrain users.

Especially since you are moving from POP, I think you may find that your users are used to keeping lots of junk in the INBOX on their client. Basically, what you are proposing is quite different from most all other e-mail providers, which means that it will seem odd to your users. Given that, the question is if the benefits will be enough to put up with the hassle. Only you can answer that question for yourself.

If the answer is "yes", the options presented already look like they will meet your needs.