From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Calendar alarms
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:16:57 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 10/02/2012 2:02 PM, Robert T. Repko (R Squared Consultants) wrote:
I recently upgraded my CGP to version 5.3.15 on Windows Server 2003.
Clients are  using the MAPI interface.  Even since the upgrade people
are receiving email Calendar Alarm emails from an account called from
'Calendar-Alarm'.  There was never an account 'Calendar-Alarm' setup in
CGP.  When I look in 'Users/Domain/Domain-name/Objects' there is no
'user' by that name.  Where did it come from, where is it located, and
how do I stop the emails.  They are being sent daily by the hundreds.

Robert,

You can enable/Disable the calendar alarms per-user or per-domain. They also go out via IM, FYI.

Also, I think that some issues were fixed in the 5.4 series that solved repeated e-mails from being sent to the user, so you may consider an upgrade?

Philip Slater wrote this in response to a similar question I had last week:

"While this is not a solution to the issue, I can at least provide you with some relief for the user.

The user can either do this themselves or you can as an administrator.

For the user log in to the account and open up the account settings.

Go to Calendar

Find "Server-side Processing"
Send Alarms as email set to NO.

Update

For the administrator open up the account settings and go to Preferences.

Towards the bottom of the page there will be a row for "Server-side Processing"
Send alarms as email set to NO.

Update

Of course this can be done across the board as either server wide or domain account defaults."