From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Samsung Galaxy S II and ActiveSync
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:37:53 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 10/19/2012 3:31 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:
OK, so I used to have a Samsung Fascinate, and it worked passably well
with CGP when setup as an Exchange ActiveSync account.

Now one of my users has a new Galaxy S III, and I would like to connect
it to CGP's contacts and calendars for this user, but I cannot get it to
communicate with CGP via ActiveSync.

Is there an updated tutorial for how to accomplish this? I have had
various issues with functionality in the past, but I have never been
unable to make it even connect before.

Many thanks,

Tom

I finally got this working, I cannot say what it was that changed, but it's probably safe to assume it was user error.

For anyone searching the archives, the username should be formatted as: domain.dom\username

CommuniGate also has a video on the web detailing the setup, but it's for an old version of Android.