From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: switch from OSX to Debian
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:27:31 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
J,

I cannot speak intelligently on your conversion, but let me suggest that you move servers first. Then, once you know all is running well and properly, you should handle the mailbox conversion issues.

Combining the two will make things more complex and harder to troubleshoot when things go wrong.

Tom

On 02/18/2013 10:14 AM, Jona Tallieu (T & T nv) wrote:

Hi all,

we've been running CGP 5.1.16 for ages on a PPC Xserve with OSX Server 10.5.
We would like to switch to a virtualized server running Debian 6.

We would TAR de CGP directory and sftp it to the new virtual Debian server.

Anything special we should keep in mind? Conversion of mailbox files
needed (mixed maildir & text)?
Somebody running 5.1 on Debian 6?

Thanks!

Best,