From: Wayde Nie <wayde@nie.ca>
Subject: Re: CGP 32 or 64bits
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:35:29 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I can attest that CGP uses memory quite efficiently :-) and that adding
more memory won't likely get taken up by CGP itself, however, file
caching in "left over" RAM (depending on OS) can help performance a
whole lot...

We run a fairly large installation, from a concurrent IMAP connections
point of view at least... Our daily peak approaches 4500 concurrent IMAP
connections (Friday's a slow day for us, we're at 4201 at the
moment :-).

Even still, the RES memory for the CGServer process is only 1.6G (2.5G
VIRT).

The server is Linux 64bit with 128G RAM, and while CGP won't use much of
that, we get big gains from linux file caching, which provides
performance gains. We currently have about 97% of our memory in file
cache, leaving less than 4G for CGP and the rest of the system, which it
seems quite comfortable with...

W.