Mailing List Message #104265
From: Tom Rymes <>
Subject: Re: Impact of IM use on server
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 08:05:03 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>
On Jun 11, 2013, at 6:40 PM, Paul_Dudley <> wrote:

Of the sites that have started using IM/XMPP on their Communigate server, do you have any stats on what the impact of IM use has been on your server? I am interested in server load, disk use & network use.
Thanks & Regards

We have been using both SIP and XMPP chat for about 50 users in the workplace for a number of years now. Although I have no hard numbers, I don't think that the IM traffic has been of any consequence, certainly not when compared to the increase in traffic from mobile devices using AirSync, etc.