From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Cloud Solutions - Case[VWVY0612-630YV]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:18:16 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 12.06.2013 22:43, scott.wilson@zentality.com wrote:
As a carrier we provide a similar solution to our end users + we
provided remote backup of servers and systems (including cgp).  I can
say as the service provider that having a mail gateway (where we control
the settings for storing and retrying mail) that holds the mail and
checks for spam and virus in the cloud is a better solution than hoping
the senders server will continue to retry.

I have to disagree here, at least when it comes to couting on mail servers to hold mail and forward if your server is unreachable. In my experience, the only senders that will not do that are spammers.

As for SPAM and virus scanning in the cloud, many like it, many do not. I prefer to have ours done locally using Pollustop and CGPCLamAV from Niversoft.