From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Shared rosters
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:55:16 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Matthew,

I apologize for being unclear. What you describe is for subscribers to a mailing list, but the functionality I meant to discuss was the ability to have a shared roster for IM/Presence/Etc. pruposes.

Basically, when we hire or fire someone we have to have everyone manually add that person to his/her roster in the XMPP client to see and chat with them. It would be much better if HR could just add them to the shared roster. and everyone could automatically see them.

Another easy method would be to add all of the other existing users to the new person's list, but it is rare to find a bulk import function in XMPP/SIP IM clients. It also wouldn't handle the task of removing people who have moved on to greener pastures, either.

Perhaps there is a way to do this via script and CLI?

Tom

On 07/01/2013 4:27 PM, Matthew Black wrote:
From the command line prompt in Unix or Windows Explorer, simply copy the .LIST file to duplicate list subscribers.

matthew black
california state university, long beach