From: Wayne <wayne@hamilton.net>
Subject: RE: Upgrading to 6.0.5 from 5.4.10 caveats?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:01:35 -0500
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I am running on 64 Bit FreeBSD.

Wayne

From: CommuniGate Pro Discussions [mailto:CGatePro@mail.stalker.com] On Behalf Of Bret Miller
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:02 AM
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions

You didn't state the operating system 6.x has the additional issue on Windows that it can't restart helper apps. Once one crashes or hangs, you have to kill all the helpers manually and restart the service. The fact it has been this way for months and was not broken in 5.x does not instill confidence in the technology.

Bret Miller
Manager, Information Technology
Grace Communion International

On 7/17/2013 8:46 PM, Wayne wrote:

Support has requested that I upgrade from 5.4.10 on my dynamic cluster. I
was wondering if anyone here can share with me there experience with the
6.0.5 release? I would like to upgrade but just wondering what issues I will
run into. I have seen some posts of issues with calendars and airsync.
Should I wait for 6.0.6 ?

I am generally pretty stable here with a couple of minor issues but would
like to have a some of features 6. My main issue is password length in email
accounts. 95% of my customers are just simple IMAP and Pop customers the
rest are business customers with calendars and large email boxes.

Thanks
Wayne