From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: External IM issues
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 10:06:46 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Paul,

I think you will find that Pronto uses the http/https ports to communicate with the server, while Pidgin (or any other IM client) will use the IM ports. do you have the XMPP ports forwarded to your server?

Tom

On 09/02/2013 6:38 PM, Paul_Dudley wrote:
We have recently started deploying IM. We are using Pidgin as the IM
client on Windows PCs and the Pronto app on iPhones.

The Pronto app works fine on the iPhones and Pidgin works OK while the
PC is on the LAN, however when staff use their PC from outside the
office Pidgin cannot get a connection.

Any ideas? I would have thought that since the Pronto app works OK
proving that we can access IM from outside the LAN, that Pidgin should
work OK as well from outside the LAN.

Under Settings -> Real Time -> XMPP -> Receiving -> Listener, I have the
Remote IP Access Restrictions set to None. I also have Limit Connections
from the Same Address set to 300, and Non-Clients set to 100.

Thanks & Regards

Paul Dudley