From: Uwe Baemayr <cgate@baemayr.com>
Subject: Force NTLM/Windows Authentication for Webmail?
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 06:35:19 -0800
To: <CGatePro>
Howdy!

I'm running Communigate Pro 5.3.15 and have received a request to disable basic authentication for the webmail and webadmin HTTP interfaces -- basically, I want to disable passing logon names and passwords in cleartext using a web browser.

I don't have an SSL certificate for webmail, so what I would like to do is somehow force Communigate to always raise the Windows Authentication (NTLM) box.  But I can't seem to find a setting to disable basic authentication for HTTPA / HTTPU.

I know Communigate can do this -- when I click the "auto-login" button, I get the NTLM prompt and can enter credentials and login that way.  What I need to do is always force this mode.

Under Settings -> Services -> HTTPA, there are some "Advertise" options:

X Advertise 'Basic' Authentication
  Advertise 'NTLM' Authentication
  Advertise 'Digest' Authentication
  Advertise 'Negotiate' Authentication

But my understanding is that selecting these doesn't affect the services that are actually available.

I tried to use the SSL/TLS listner port, and that doesn't work at all -- the browser just hangs.

So, I would like to disable basic authentication for the web user and web admin interfaces so the browser pops up the NTLM box. Can someone direct me to the setting?

--- Uwe