Mailing List Message #104713
From: Tom Rymes <>
Subject: Re: Long delay in SMTP handshake
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 16:01:09 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>
On 02/04/2014 2:38 PM, Urs Gr├╝tzner wrote:

If I understand correctly:  when I do the Telnet from may laptop, after
I was connecting with my mail program, my temporarily IP number is
  detected as client, so I do not get a waiting time.

That's it.

However  the prompt delay was and is set to 0 sec.

  I am still wondering where this 27 sec delay is coming from? It seems
to be constantly 27 sec, no random variation. The delay prompt for
non-clients seems not to be the culprit.

Perhaps this setting can be configured both system-wide and per-domain?