From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: SIP "service is not licensed"?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 08:21:35 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 02/28/2014 8:01 AM, Gib Henry wrote:
Thanks, Brian.  I've searched all over for a tutorial, because the help
section isn't very intuitive; it's extremely dense and devoid of
examples.  We're too small to justify the add-ons, so I guess we'll have
to stick with a less-capable foreign-hosted SIP solution for now.  Cheers,
--
Gib Henry

Gib,

CGP is very much like Asterisk without any front-end configuration tools. If you have the patience and skill to set the whole thing up from scratch, then you're good to go. However, if you are looking for something more user-friendly, then you need a pre-built configuration interface to handle the low-level stuff.

In the case of CGP, there are some separate versions of CGP that implement this sort of stuff, and in the case of Asterisk, there is FreePBX.

If you are interested in implementing a small, low-cost PBX, then I would suggest that you download the FreePBX distro at www.freepbx.org and give it a whirl. It's pretty intuitive, and there are thousands of tutorials and a very large support community dedicated to the product.