From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Re: Yahoo, unreachable for too long ?
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 10:01:18 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Massimo,

The problem does exist. I experience the problem as well, however I have been fortunate in the TLS trick (on CGP's side) has managed to "fix" the problem for me. With the current instability of the Windows version of CGP (with regards to helpers) and the Yahoo problem, John's email is not out of line. CGP is a great product, once the bugs have been fixed.

On 9/10/2014 4:14 AM, Massimo Bolzoni wrote:
Jonn,

as I outlined in my last email I have no problem at all receiving from yahoo.

All of this discussion about other mail servers is pretty funny in my eyes… mever seen a software vendor telling competition is good :P (and I am speaking about all kind of software)

AFAIK communigate is NOT dead and I deal daily with people in support field and developement.

My personal exprience is that thighs get fixed … sometimes with long time waiting, sometimes more quickly. Manytimes is really other parties failure.

So assuming your good-faith to share your opinion … can you please try to send this test mail to my personal address that runs on a CGP 6.0.9 ??

My test results in no failure as I posted last day here.

In case massimo.bolzoni@answervad.it we can schedule also a timing for the test so I can debug the incoming connection.

Cheers

Massimo

Il giorno 08/ott/2014, alle ore 15:04, "Taylor, Jonn" <jonnt@taylortelephone.com> ha scritto:

This is actually a problem with CGP even though support says not. I can
send test messages with the same attachments to 4 different mail servers
that we are demoing right now and NONE of them have this problem. In
fact when I was talking to other companies that make mail server
software they thought that CommuniGate Pro was dead.

In light of the things that I have seen on this list and the responses
that I got from support. I thing it is time to move away from
CommuniGate. I like what they have, they are just not fixing things list
ActiveSync, Calendaring other issues like this one. Always saying the
problem is someone else is not a good sign.

Taylor Telephone Systems, Inc <http://www.taylortelephone.com/>

Jonn Taylor
651-683-4002 Direct / 651-245-4836 Cell / jonnt@taylortelephone.com
<mailto:jonnt@taylortelephone.com>

Taylor Telephone Systems, Inc Office: 651-454-5866 / Fax: 651-683-4019
8334 Argenta Trail, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
http://www.taylortelephone.com/

On 10/07/2014 07:40 AM, James Roman wrote:
On Oct 7, 2014, at 7:00 AM, CommuniGate Pro Discussions

*From: *"Taylor, Jonn" <jonnt@taylortelephone.com
<mailto:jonnt@taylortelephone.com>>
*Date: *October 6, 2014 at 9:43:38 AM EDT

Search yor logs for this.

19:54:40.348 3 SMTPI-020151(nm23-vm4.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
<http://yahoo.com/>) failed
to receive message body (11850 bytes). Error Code=message line is too
long
20:22:37.813 3 SMTPI-020199(nm14-vm8.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
<http://yahoo.com/>) failed
to receive message body (3741 bytes). Error Code=message line is too long
21:00:33.034 3 SMTPI-020251(nm3-vm6.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
<http://yahoo.com/>) failed to
receive message body (12964 bytes). Error Code=message line is too long
21:04:07.560 3 SMTPI-020260(nm29-vm1.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
<http://yahoo.com/>) failed
to receive message body (14835 bytes). Error Code=message line is too
long
21:05:23.167 3 SMTPI-020262(nm3-vm7.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
<http://yahoo.com/>) failed to
receive message body (3742 bytes). Error Code=message line is too long
21:08:18.474 3 SMTPI-020268(nm9-vm2.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
<http://yahoo.com/>) failed to
receive message body (4159 bytes). Error Code=message line is too long

What OS are you using? I am on CentOS 5.11 x86_64

Taylor Telephone Systems, Inc <http://www.taylortelephone.com/>
This doesn’t look like your connection with Yahoo is actually using
TLS (or at least your mail server doesn’t think it is). Are you using
a firewall that is configured to inspect your mail traffic (Cisco ASA,
etc.)?  If you telnet to port  25 on your mail gateway from an
external host what response do you get? It should look something like:

prompt$ *telnet /mx.maildomain.com <http://mx.maildomain.com>/ 25*
Trying 111.111.1.11…
Connected to mx.maildomain.com <http://mx.maildomain.com>.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 maildomain.com <http://maildomain.com> ESMTP is glad to see you!
*EHLO /myhostname.mydomain.com <http://myhostname.mydomain.com>/*
250-maildomain.com <http://250-maildomain.com> we trust you
myhostname.mydomain.com <http://myhostname.mydomain.com>
250-DSN
250-SIZE 31457280
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-ETRN
250-TURN
250-ATRN
250-NO-SOLICITING
250-HELP
250-PIPELINING
250 EHLO
*QUIT*
221 maildomain.com <http://maildomain.com> maildomain.com
<http://maildomain.com> Mail Server SMTP closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

Replace the server name and host name with the appropriate values.

If you don’t see the STARTTLS command returned or it is returned with
something like “2-XXXXXXXXX” then your firewall is screwing with your
mail stream and preventing TLS communication so that it can inspect
the contents of the message. This inspection is on by default on most
Cisco firewalls. This is normally appropriate for SMTP connections to
or from clients behind a firewall, where they are trying to bypass
your mail gateway, but not for the mail gateway itself. You would need
to configure a separate (non-default) inspection rule for your mail
server.

Massimo Bolzoni - Solution Architect
Mob.: +39 335 5278936

Iscriviti ai nostri WEBINAR, solo 30 minuti per illustrarti i nostri servizi in the cloud (SAAS) e le nostre tecnologie CommuniGate, Mailspect e IP Technology LAB, maggiori info qui: www.answervad.it/webinar.php

Answer srl: distributore italiano Communigate Pro, MailSpect, IP Technology labs

Answer srl
via Gandhi, 22 - 42123 Reggio Emilia
Tel +39 0522 286545
e-mail massimo.bolzoni@answervad.it
Web www.answervad.it
Le informazioni contenute nella presente comunicazione e i relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, rivolte esclusi-vamente al destinatario. La diffusione, distribuzione e/o copie deldocumento trasmesso o degli allegati da parte di qualsiasi soggettodiverso dal destinatario e'perseguibile ai sensi dell'articolo 616Codice Penale e del Decreto Legislativo n. 196/2003.Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, Vi preghiamo di re-inviarlo al mittente e distruggerlo.
Per informazioni potete contattare l'indirizzo privacy@answervad.it
***
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have receivedthe message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereofis prohibited and it is punished by law. Please return it immediatelyto the sender and delete the message.
Should you have any questions,please contact us at privacy@answervad.it

Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com>
Destination Darwin NT <http://www.destinationnt.com>